Golf Tournament Planning Guide
The Golf Tournament Planning Guide was created to assist tournament planners in being able to host their golf tournaments, whether it be starting a new tournament or to taking over a tournament that you’ve inherited that has struggled and what you can do to turn it around! Along with the support of the host golf professional at the golf course, this manual will give you all of the information you need to be successful!
Also included with the Golf Tournament Planning Guide are 24 FREE digital downloads including:
- Entry Form Templates
- Golf Tournament Planning Checklist
- Volunteer Application Template
- Targeted Sponsorship Letter Template
- Sponsorship Guide Template
- Comprehensive Budget Template
- Press Release Template
- Media Contact List
- Tournament Rule Sheet Template
- Auction Bid Sheet Template
- Donation Tracking List
- Thank You Letter Template for Donations
- Raffle & 50/50 Ticket Templates
- Tournament Scoring Summary Sheet Template
- Contingency Plan Spreadsheet Template
- Thank You Letter With Survey Instructions
- Tournament Evaluation Form Template
- Golf Course Staff Post Tournament Evaluation Form
Free Customizable Resources Included with the Golf Tournament Planning Guide
When you download the Golf Tournament Planning Guide, not only will you receive 190+ pages of information to answer the questions you have and help you host a successful tournament, you will also receive access to 20+ FREE digital, downloadable files for you to use as templates to help you with tournament promotions and operations.
All you have to do is click on the “download file image” (as pictured above) and you will receive a template file that you can edit for your specific tournament – saving you time and money! Below is a sample of the Tournament Evaluation Form Template – one of the many FREE downloadable resources that you’ll receive with the Golf Tournament Planning Guide!
Tournament Budget TemplateTournament Budget Template
About the Author
Michael Pryor, Certified PGA Golf Professional
Michael Pryor is a member of the Professional Golfers Association of America and has earned advanced certifications from the PGA of America in Golf Operations (2016) and Teaching and Coaching (2016). Michael has extensive experience in hosting golf tournaments from small charitable outings to PGA and USGA Tournaments – including the US Open and Champion’s Tour Qualifying Tournaments. Working at golf facilities in the Central Florida area for over twenty-five years he’s hosted 1,000’s of tournaments – at Falcon’s Fire Golf Club (in the Orlando area), the club hosted on average nearly 200 tournaments per year. During his tenure there, Falcon’s Fire was recognized as an APEX Award Finalist by the National Association of Golf Tournament Directors.
“The APEX recognizes those courses who “go over and above the call of duty” when it comes to servicing tournaments and outings. It’s the ultimate judgement by the tournament professionals who utilize these facilities for business and fundraising tournaments.”
It’s his 25+ years of tournament management experience that has been compiled to produce the Golf Tournament Planning Guide. While his experiences in working with organizations such as the PGA Tour and United States Golf Association contributed to the ebook, it is his experience working with new or inexperienced tournament planners that serves as the foundation for the information included in the Golf Tournament Planning Guide.
Some of the more prominent tournaments that Michael has worked with:
- Oldsmobile Scramble National Finals
- Give Kids The World Tournament (raised $1,000,000+ annually)
- ARDA AIF Open
- Champions Tour Qualifying Tournament
- United States Open Qualifying Tournament
- Space Coast Senior PGA Tour Classic
- Golf Channel’s Drive, Chip & Putt National Finals
- Inaugural ANNIKA Intercollegiate Invitational
- 1,000’s of corporate, charity and competitive tournaments